Thursday, October 22, 2009

We Day

4:30 my eyes are forced open by the insistent yelling of my mother.

5:00 I leave for school

5:20 I arrive at school

7:00 I arrive at the Air Canada Center

9:30 the presentations begin

When I stepped off the bus in Toronto I had no idea of what to expect. We were about a block away from the ACC. At the ACC there were about a hundred people at the gate. I thought at that point that there was no way that we would fill all the seats. When we were finally let in half an hour late we were forced to stand in another line. After an hour of waiting we were finally let through the doors into the arena. As people filled in through the doors I became aware of a problem that was yet to be. Behind me were two little girls who could easily make you go deaf from their screaming if they were on the other side of the stadium. Again they were right behind me!

After a time of who knows how long we were told that it was lunch. I had no idea that I was really hungry. The speakers and performers had done their job better than I thought possible. I stayed sitting down for over three hours! In the halls behind the stadium it was impossible to move faster than a slug. The only difference between those few minutes and half time in a leafs game was that the washrooms were still half empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment