Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Spell Chequer’s Poem

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

This is the spell chequer’s poem.  It is one of the most infamous four paragraphs ever written regarding spell chequers.  no one knows who first wrote it but it would have had to have been after spell chequers were invented.  It may be hard to read if you look at it carefully so just skim over the words and it makes sense. 

The irony of the situation is that I am writing this blog on a pea sea and I am using a spell chequer.  I am sure that there are many speling erors in this blog but please remember that I am writing about erors and therefore am exempted from punishment.  While you may not appreciate this poem, it will always have a special place in my heart along with all the other odd things in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, hilarious post Will, I like how you connected between the spelling chequer poem and your writing portion of the blog. But remember my spelling chequer is on my Mac so HA!

    ReplyDelete